Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Rest in Him

SCRIPTURE
Matthew 11:28-30

[Jesus said] "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."


PRAYER

Rest for his soul Lord, I pray rest for his soul. I ask that ______ would come to you in his weariness, and the excessive load of the burden he carries. I pray that he would come and rest. Make his heart cease from its churning. Make his mind stop trying to calculate the sum of the parts of his life and circumstances. Stop him Lord, gently, and quiet him . May he lay down this night, sinking into your arms, and rest in you. And as he rises, may he simply continue obeying you, taking your yoke, doing what is right today, leaving tomorrow for you to care for. I pray that as he obeys, that your smile would shine upon his soul, and that the weariness would melt away. Rest Lord, rest is what I pray into ______ this day. Amen.


ENCOURAGEMENT

Take a deep breath, and let out a big sigh… and rest in him. You have come already. You have taken his yoke, and are doing what is right. Now rest my friend, rest. You are in his care.

_______________________________________
Dave's Life Coaching
_______________________________________

No comments: