Sunday, August 12, 2007

Rest

SCRIPTURE
Psalm 131:1-3

O LORD, my heart is not proud, nor my eyes haughty; nor do I involve myself in great matters, or in things too difficult for me.
Surely I have composed and quieted my soul; like a weaned child {rests} against his mother, My soul is like a weaned child within me.
O Israel, hope in the LORD from this time forth and forever.


PRAYER

Lord, daunting tasks loom on the horizon of ______’s future, tasks that he doesn’t want, doesn’t feel comfortable with, and is not very good at, but tasks he must do, nonetheless. I ask for your peace. I ask that you would take away that low-grade ache that hangs in the back of his heart. Free him from the anxiety these future tasks would bring. Give him the singular focus of resting in you today, Lord. Take the complicated matters, those things too difficult for him , and cause them to fade to the background of his mind… so that he can simply rest in your arms. Just like a mother’s arms hold a calm and satisfied child, draw ______ to your soothing embrace, and rock his soul into a place of rest. And as he relaxes in your loving care, I pray that hope would spring forth and refresh him indeed. Amen.


ENCOURAGEMENT

Stop the flurry of anxious thoughts. Compose your heart. Quiet your mind. Sit with him and rest calmly in his love. Put ALL of your hope in him. He will not let you down.

_______________________________________
Dave's Life Coaching
_______________________________________

No comments: