Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Renewal

SCRIPTURE
Psalm 94:17-19

17 Unless the Lord had helped me,
I would soon have settled in the silence of the grave.
18 I cried out, “I am slipping!”
but your unfailing love, O Lord, supported me.
19 When doubts filled my mind,
your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer.


PRAYER
[Pray this prayer for yourself]

Lord, help me please. There are times when the hurt is so deep, and the confusion so profound that all I can do is cry, “Help!” I don’t know what I need and I don’t know what to ask you to do. All know is that I ache, and if feels as though my soul is settling down in to the silence of the grave. I am slipping, Lord. And even now, at this moment I feel your love; a strong and unfailing love; a supportive love. Stability replaces slipping, and I feel safer. The doubts about your hand in my life, your ability to work good from bad, and your attentive love begin to dissolve as you simply flow comfort into my heart. It’s a funny thing Lord, how the ache and the comfort can reside together there. But as the comfort comes, hope begins to grow again, and even a measure of joy. Thank you Lord. Thank you that somehow between the beginning of this prayer and the end you have given me a measure of renewal in my soul. I asked for help, and you gave it. Thank you Lord, thank you. Amen.


ENCOURAGEMENT

Cry out to him. Cry out when you don’t know what to cry. He has unfailing love, comfort, hope and cheer. And he delights in renewing us. Just keep crying out. It will come.

_______________________________________
Dave's Life Coaching
_______________________________________

No comments: