Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Faith and Praise

SCRIPTURE
Psalm 57:7-10

7 My heart is confident in you, O God;
my heart is confident.
No wonder I can sing your praises!
8 Wake up, my heart!
Wake up, O lyre and harp!
I will wake the dawn with my song.
9 I will thank you, Lord, among all the people.
I will sing your praises among the nations.
10 For your unfailing love is as high as the heavens.
Your faithfulness reaches to the clouds.


PRAYER
Lord, I pray confidence into ______’s heart right now; confidence in you Lord. I pray that he would so trust in your unfailing love and faithfulness, that he would know beyond a doubt that you will answer him. Lord, please help his faith. I ask that you would take those pictures in this passage, and put them before him as reminders of who you are. As he slumbers, and is vaguely aware of day breaking, I ask that you would put a simple song of praise in his heart. As he hears the wind instruments, and sees the elegance of the harp, may his heart be lifted in praise to you. As he looks out at the full moon, and the clouds above the sunset, may he be reminded of the height of your unfailing love, and the reach of your faithfulness. And Lord, make all of this fortify the confidence he has in you. May he trust, may he rest, may he glory in you. And as he does, may hope spring forth… and shine on all he does. May he wake the dawn with his song tomorrow, because of his confidence in you today. Amen.


ENCOURAGEMENT

Look long upon the full moon. Be still and gaze upon the clouds. Allow your heart to play the harp strings of praise. Remember… he loves you… he will be faithful to you… he is worthy of your song of praise. Sing it today in anticipation of what he will give tomorrow. Raise your voice to him.

No comments: