Sunday, August 19, 2007

His Provision

SCRIPTURE
Philippians 4:12-13

I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little. For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.

Philippians 4:19

And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.


PRAYER

Lord, at different times, life has brought _____ both abundance and want. He has known fullness and need… and not just with regard to material things. He has felt the richness of love and the heartache of loss. He has known the fullness of friendship and the vacuum of loneliness. He has enjoyed the sunshine of gracious saints, and the darkness of the Pharisees’ condemnation. He has felt the heights of joy and the depths of despair. Yes, his heart has known both a song and silence. And yet, through it all, you have been present; your strength has been available, and your glorious riches have met every need. And that Lord, I ask you to do again today. Pour over ______ a wash of contentment this moment. Give him the strength to face his present day with confidence, a confidence that comes from having you at him side. Whisper in his ear Lord, “We can do this together, we can do this, stay with me, don’t give up, keep walking with me.” And then Lord, I ask that you would do something special for him… lavish a gift today that reminds him that you are meeting his every need, body, mind and soul. Surprise him with your grace and melt the remnants of doubt away Lord. Amen.


ENCOURAGEMENT

My dear ______, relax in his provision. Rest in his strength. Find the joy in your present day and be content therein. Your gratitude will attract his blessings.

_______________________________________
Dave's Life Coaching
_______________________________________

No comments: