Monday, July 9, 2007

Forgiven

SCRIPTURE

Psalm 51 (selected verses)
For the choir director: A psalm of David, regarding the time Nathan the prophet came to him after David had committed adultery with Bathsheba.

Have mercy on me, O God,because of your unfailing love. Because of your great compassion,blot out the stain of my sins. Wash me clean from my guilt. Purify me from my sin. For I recognize my rebellion;it haunts me day and night. Against you, and you alone, have I sinned; I have done what is evil in your sight. You will be proved right in what you say,and your judgment against me is just…
Purify me from my sins, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow. Oh, give me back my joy again; you have broken me—now let me rejoice. Don’t keep looking at my sins. Remove the stain of my guilt. Create in me a clean heart, O God. Renew a loyal spirit within me. Do not banish me from your presence,and don’t take your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation,and make me willing to obey you. Then I will teach your ways to rebels,and they will return to you…. The sacrifice you desire is a broken spirit. You will not reject a broken and repentant heart, O God.

PRAYER

Lord, I ask that you would flood ______’s heart with a profound sense of your complete forgiveness. I ask that you would help him to know that even this can be forgiven; that there is no sin that is so great that your powerful love cannot reach it, and your atonement cannot pay for it. Help him to feel the wash of your forgiveness deep within. Restore his confidence before you and before man. May he continue to move forward in ministry, knowing that you are pleased with a broken and repentant heart, and that your powerful Holy Spirit resides within him. And may the condemning eye of judgmental Christians pale into insignificance, as he sees the brilliance of your forgiving and empowering love.

ENCOURAGEMENT

You are forgiven. Get up, brush yourself off, hold your head high, and move forward with the applause of Heaven.

_______________________________________
Dave's Life Coaching
_______________________________________

No comments: