Friday, July 27, 2007

Restful Trust

SCRIPTURE
Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart
And do not lean on your own understanding.
Seek his will in all you do
And he will direct your paths.


PRAYER
[Pray this prayer for yourself]

Lord, I admit to you that sometimes I just don’t understand the “ways” and “whys” of your work in my life. I cannot escape the impact that people and events have on my heart, sometimes a profoundly life-changing impact, and sometimes flowing from sin and death. It just does not seem right or fair Lord. I long to make sense of the pieces, and see the puzzle of my life through your eyes. The master plan is a mystery to me. I wish that I could know the end. My mind stews, trying to sort and collate and synthesize events and responses into some order, to see what glue of truth might hold it all together. I want to know, to understand, so that I can somehow rest on that understanding. But alas, it is the leaning on my own understanding that is the opposite of trust in you. So I stop. I pause. I take rest from my frenzy of calculation and lean myself on you Lord. I allow myself to freefall into your arms, releasing my need to understand and resting my whole heart in your capable and loving fatherliness. I am content to see through the fog of my life, just the next few steps of the road, and to walk that path in faith. I know that you see the end, in fact you have already woven the whole of my life into a purposeful design. I want what you want Lord, I acknowledge you and seek your will in every step. And as I do, I thank you for the confidence of your faithful direction. I promise that I will pause long at every crossroad in my life, and seek your direction. I promise to follow you, even when it seems not to fit the mold. Your will is my only hope. You have my heart. Amen.


ENCOURAGEMENT
Reach down into the deepest place of your heart, and allow yourself to sink into a restful trust in him. Don’t be consumed with calculating the end. Just walk the path. Walk it a step at a time. And be ready for the day the fog lifts, and the milk and honey begin to flow. Be ready.

_______________________________________
Dave's Life Coaching
_______________________________________

No comments: