Friday, July 20, 2007

Don't Hold Back

SCRIPTURE
Psalm 77: 1-3 (NLT)

1 I cry out to God; without holding back.
Oh, that God would listen to me!
2 When I was in deep trouble,
I searched for the Lord.
All night long I prayed, with hands lifted toward heaven, pleading.
There can be no joy for me until he acts.
3 I think of God, and I moan,
overwhelmed with longing for his help.


PRAYER
Lord, thank you that you can handle the full flow of ______’s deepest emotions. With respect, and yet with full honestly I ask that he would articulate to you all that he feels. Lord, I ask that he would bring before you the deepest trouble of his soul, and pray it out to you. I ask that he would turn those sleepless nights into nights of honest pleading with hands lifted toward heaven. May he not run from his desire for you to act, but plead it aloud on his pillow. Lord, give him permission to feel, to moan with longing for your help. May he not hold back. And Lord, I ask that ______ would feel your smile as you see behind his pleas, that quiet resolve not to take things into his own hands. I pray that you would honor that by attending to the cry of his deep heart, and acting. And may his pleading melt into a slumber of peaceful faith. Amen.


ENCOURAGEMENT
Don’t run from your heart. Tell him what you long for. Give him the details. Long. Plead. Build your case. He can handle it… and he is listening.

_______________________________________
Dave's Life Coaching
_______________________________________

No comments: