Thursday, July 19, 2007

A Best Friend

SCRIPTURE
Psalm 139:1-6

O Lord, you have examined my heart and know everything about me. You know when I sit down or stand up.You know my thoughts even when I’m far away. You see me when I travel and when I rest at home.You know everything I do. You know what I am going to say even before I say it, Lord. You go before me and follow me. You place your hand of blessing on my head. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too great for me to understand!


PRAYER
(Pray this prayer for yourself)

Lord, I feel so misunderstood, so unheard. My deep heart aches for a best friend, someone who cares, someone who longs to hear what lies beneath, someone who will listen long enough to hear, someone who will stand in my skin and understand. There is none. The ones I look to are either unwilling, or unable. I feel desperate and utterly alone. To whom can I turn? I turn to you, Lord. You made me. You know everything about me. You examine me completely, and know my deep heart even better than I. You understand what others misunderstand. You look past actions, and see my heart. You not only listen to, and understand my words, you know them before I even speak them. Lord, there is nothing in my heart that is a mystery to you. You see me as I am, good and bad. And this deep heart understanding is overwhelming to me. Suddenly I feel heard. I feel understood by the one who matters. Thank you for making me important, for never pushing me aside, for always listening, for completely understanding. Thank you. I need you, especially in this season, on this day, and in this moment. Hold my heart in your caring hands, I pray. Amen.

ENCOURAGEMENT
God always listens. He knows. He understands. He cares. Cling to him. He will never let you down. Never.


_______________________________________
Dave's Life Coaching
_______________________________________

No comments: