Monday, June 30, 2008

The Comfort of Forgiveness

SCRIPTURE
 
"Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.
Matthew 5:4 (NASB)
 
 
PRAYER
 
Lord, I have felt the weight of my sin. I have seen the intensity of pain that I have caused by it. Those I love have been hurt beyond words. Those who trusted me have been disappointed. Words I have spoken, thoughts I have harbored, attitudes I have held, motives I have felt; all sins that have grieved you, and now grieve me as well. Not a day goes by that I do not mourn my sin and the disappointment it brings you Lord. Thank you that in the midst of mourning my sin, you lavish upon me the comfort of forgiveness. Thank you for your sacrifice on the cross and the grace and comfort it brings me Lord. Thank you. Amen.                         
 
ENCOURAGEMENT
 
When you mourn the pain of sin, God gives the comfort of forgiveness. Be comforted today.
 

No comments: