Monday, June 23, 2008

Poor In Spirit

SCRIPTURE

"Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Matthew 5:3 (NASB)


PRAYER
[Pray this prayer for yourself]

Lord, I know without a doubt that I can do nothing without you. I am poor in spirit. Without you, I cannot walk the path you have set before me. Without your wisdom, I would not see the path to follow. Without your enablement, I could not resist the temptations that would lure me off that path. Without your protection I would be devoured by the enemy of my soul. Without your care and nurture, my heart would still be wounded and bleeding. And without your forgiveness, my soul would be consumed with the guilt of my sin. I want to surrender myself to you completely. I desire to relax in that place of complete dependence upon you for all that I am and need. I present myself to you, poor in spirit, fully aware of my neediness before you, and willing to receive whatever you give. Amen

ENCOURAGEMENT

(__________), that sweet spot of relaxed submission to your Lord is always safe. Stay in that place at all costs.

No comments: