Monday, June 16, 2008

Direction

SCRIPTURE
 
1 Accept other believers who are weak in faith, and don’t argue with them about what they think is right or wrong. 2 For instance, one person believes it’s all right to eat anything. But another believer with a sensitive conscience will eat only vegetables. 3 Those who feel free to eat anything must not look down on those who don’t. And those who don’t eat certain foods must not condemn those who do, for God has accepted them. 4 Who are you to condemn someone else’s servants? They are responsible to the Lord, so let him judge whether they are right or wrong. And with the Lord’s help, they will do what is right and will receive his approval.
Romans 14:1-4
 
4 Show me the path where I should walk, O Lord;
point out the road for me to follow.
5 Lead me by your truth and teach me,
for you are the God who saves me.
All day long I put my hope in you.
6 Remember, O Lord, your compassion and unfailing love,
which you have shown from long ages past.
7 Forgive the rebellious sins of my youth.
look instead through the eyes of your unfailing love,
for you are merciful, O Lord.
Psalm 25:4-7
 
PRAYER
[Pray this for yourself]
 
Lord, thank you for your mercy, your compassion, and your forgiveness. Without these, I would be a shipwrecked on the rocks of life. Instead, you have lifted me in my weakness and set the feet of my soul on solid ground. Thank you, Lord. I cast myself upon your strong Fatherly wisdom and love, and ask that you would give your direction to me now. I am responsible to you Lord, to do what is right. I need your wisdom. I pray that you would release me from the confusion that comes from the pressure and opinions of others, and give me a clean clarity that comes to my heart by your Spirit within me. Make clear the path I should walk. Point clearly to the road for me follow. Help me to see truth, not through the eyes of others, but through the eyes of your Spirit within me. Speak to me in my heart, and give me ears to hear. I have put my hope in you, and you alone. I trust that you are a heavenly Father who delights in giving me good gifts. And so I promise to go where you lead, and only where you lead. Please lead me Lord, clearly and with a deep peace, that I may bask in your approval. Amen.
 
ENCOURAGEMENT
 
Do not sacrifice your conscience before God for anything, or anyone. Do not. But neither allow others to rule your conscience with their opinions. Your heart is wholly devoted to your Lord… trust it, and trust him.
 

No comments: