Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Unfailing Love

SCRIPTURE
Psalm 143:7-10 (NLT)
 
7 Come quickly, Lord, and answer me,
      for my depression deepens.
   Don’t turn away from me,
      or I will die.
 8 Let me hear of your unfailing love each morning,
      for I am trusting you.
   Show me where to walk,
      for I give myself to you.
 9 Rescue me from my enemies, Lord;
      I run to you to hide me.
 10 Teach me to do your will,
      for you are my God.
   May your gracious Spirit lead me forward
      on a firm footing.
 
 
PRAYER
 
Lord, there are moments in ______’s life, when heaviness of heart would surely drown him in a sea of circumstance, were it not for you. He knows in those moments that your help, your presence, and your unfailing love are necessary for his very survival. Dear God, I ask that this morning you would land your unfailing love upon the awareness of his heart. May that love melt helplessness and hopelessness into a deep pool of trust. Lord, guide ______ with your love. Show him precisely where to take his next step. And after he takes that step, show him the next. I pray that he would give himself completely to you Lord, walking just as you would have him to walk. Rescue him from danger. Teach him your will. Lead him. And as he ponders your present love, I ask that he would feel the safety of hiding in your care. Give him both a firm footing and a forward movement as your spirit leads. Help him Lord, help him. Amen
 
 
ENCOURAGEMENT
 
Listen for his unfailing love this day. It will come to you in unexpected ways. Receive it. Relish it. Trust it. And walk in it.
 

No comments: