Tuesday, September 18, 2007

The Great Healer

SCRIPTURE
 
Psalm 6:2-4
2          Be gracious to me, O LORD, for I am pining away; heal me, O LORD, for my bones are dismayed.
3          And my soul is greatly dismayed; but you, O LORD-- how long?
4          Return, O LORD, rescue my soul; save me because of your lovingkindness.
 
Matthew 15:30
30        And large crowds came to Him [Jesus], bringing with them those who were lame, crippled, blind, mute, and many others, and they laid them down at His feet; and He healed them.
 
PRAYER
 
You, O Lord, are the one who heals. Though the sin of mankind has infiltrated our world, and the sins of some have shattered our personal worlds, yet you heal Lord. I ask that this day you would give ______ a quiet reassurance that your power is able, and your grace is sufficient, to heal even a greatly dismayed soul. Give him faith Lord. I pray that he would be among those who come to you, pining away and yet searching for your healing. I ask that you would flood his heart with a healing balm that could only come from the divine. May he know that you are reaching into his heart, and touching him in ways that are beyond counseling, beyond self-help, and beyond understanding. May he feel your touch Lord. And as he does, I pray that he would perceive healing. Don’t just bandaged his wounds, Lord, but take the cancer of soul away. Reach his deep places, his confused places, his blocked places, his fearful places. Heal him… completely… unmistakably… and soon, I pray. Amen.
 
ENCOURAGEMENT
 
He came to heal. Be dismayed, that’s ok. Ask, how long, he understands. But plead with him to give you the healing that your heart and soul needs today. Ask him. He is the great healer.
 

No comments: