Monday, September 24, 2007

Acts of Kindness

SCRIPTURE
 
Matthew 25:34-40
34        "Then the King will say to those on His right, "Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.
35        "For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in;
36        naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.'
37        "Then the righteous will answer Him, "Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You something to drink?
38        "And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You?
39        "When did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?'
40        "The King will answer and say to them, "Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them you did it to Me.'
 
 
PRAYER
 
Lord, needs abound, in both ______ and in those around him. There are not only the physical needs, but also emotional hurts that run deep. Souls are hungry, thirsty, alone, uncared for, sick, and imprisoned. They need a touch from you Lord, a touch that you have designed to come through us, and a touch that is sometimes neglected by those who can give it. I pray two things this week Lord. First, I pray that you would touch ______’s deep needs by bringing to him a few who will act as your instruments of care. I pray that you would prompt their hearts to extend acts of kindness to ______ in just the way he needs, in just the manner that is best, and at just the perfect time. Meet his needs through them Lord. And I pray equally that you would prompt ______’s heart to extend his kindness to those persons you put in his heart this week. Meet their needs through him Lord. And as you do, I pray that you would close a circle of community, a circle that has you at the center. Amen.
 
 
ENCOURAGEMENT
 
When you reach out and meet a need, it has the same impact and the same reward as if you did it for our Lord himself. Keep your awareness keen, and watch our Lord bring a perfect opportunity to touch “him” this week.
 
 

No comments: