Friday, September 21, 2007

Strength and Encouragement

SCRIPTURE
Psalm 138:3
As soon as I pray, you answer me;
you encourage me by giving me the strength I need.
PRAYER
Lord, as ______ is crying out to you, I ask that you would answer him quickly, and I pray that your answer would carry with it your strength. There are days when he feels weak Lord. It just feels like the circumstances of his life require more than he has to give. He is not sure that he can go on, but there seems to be no escape. And his heart begins to feel the heaviness of discouragement. Oh Lord, I ask that you would give a double portion of your strength to ______ this moment. And as that strength lands in his heart, I pray that it would bear the fruit of encouragement. Lift his spirits. Fill him with hope. Cover him with peace. May that strength give him the confidence he needs to walk the path before him, with honor and grace. Amen.
ENCOURAGEMENT
It may be that the answer to your prayer comes, not as the answer you expected, but as the answer you needed… strength. Be encouraged… you are just that important to him.

No comments: