Friday, September 7, 2007

A Sure Help


SCRIPTURE
Psalm 142:4-7a

4 I look for someone to come and help me,
      but no one gives me a passing thought!
   No one will help me;
      no one cares a bit what happens to me.
 5 Then I pray to you, O Lord.
      I say, "You are my place of refuge.
      You are all I really want in life.
 6 Hear my cry,
      for I am very low.
   Rescue me from my persecutors,
      for they are too strong for me.
 7 Bring my soul out of prison
      so I can thank you.


PRAYER

It is an empty feeling to be abandoned in our most desperate time of need, Lord. And yet, it is when ______ feels the sting of consequences for his own mistakes that he is most likely to be ignored by those who were his friends. He hopes for someone to help him, but they put him out of their minds. No one seems to care. And the very ones who could add comfort, multiply pain by their neglect. Yet, it is in those times that he is most likely to turn to you Lord. Move his heart to find his shelter in you. I ask that ______ would see you as the only one who could ever really fill that empty place in his life. I ask that you would hear his cry, lift his spirit, and rescue him from those who would spit the venom of self-righteousness upon him. Their accusations are too strong for him to handle Lord. Please release his soul from this prison. Free him to live again. Bring him home Lord, so that he can lavish his thanks upon you. Amen.


ENCOURAGEMENT
Seek God's attentive and caring help most. It is the only sure help there is.

No comments: