Monday, April 28, 2008

Despite My Enemies

SCRIPTURE

Psalm 23:5
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you have anointed my head with oil; My cup overflows.
(NASB)


PRAYER

Lord, there are those who do not understand (__________)’s pain, who have not looked closely enough to see his heart-processes, and have chosen to judge and condemn him. Their expressions vary from subtle smirks to harbored anger, to wagging tongues. Their misunderstanding makes them enemies of sort because their posture works against the healing and health of (__________)’s soul. Lord, I ask that despite his enemies, you would prepare a generous meal for his soul regularly. I ask that you would anoint his head with oil to keep the irritating insects from hovering around his mind and thus distracting him from enjoying you. I ask that the oil of your love would cause healing in his soul. I pray that your generous touch in his heart would overflow with abundant grace, Lord. And I ask that he would enjoy all of this in the calm safety of your presence, even with the threat of his enemies occasionally lurking in the shadows. Make him whole Lord, and keep him in that peaceful comfort of your care. Amen.

ENCOURAGEMENT

Dear friend, it matters not what they think. It only matters that you have the smile and care of your Shepherd. He loves you, indeed.

No comments: