Monday, December 3, 2007

Weeping... then Joy

SCRIPTURE
 
Psalm 30:5
For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime!
Weeping may last through the night, but joy comes with the morning.
 
 
PRAYER
 
Lord, there are days when I weep, if not with outward tears, then with inward sorrow of soul. I feel the heaviness of heart that comes from my mistakes, from the pain I have caused, or from the effect of other’s sin. There is no escape from this pain. There is no road around it, only a hard path through it. The dark clouds of painful emotions hover above, and the pelting rain of circumstance is relentless. The stinging winds of consequence buffet me about without mercy, and for a moment I know your anger Lord, but only for a moment. For though the darkening storm lasts through what seems to be a long night, yet the sunshine of joy is on the horizon. Pain is but for a season, and then you bring joy. And the sunshine of joy is sweeter for having endured the storm of pain. The flower of your favor is more beautiful because of the rain you allow. So Lord, please take me through this night as weeping overwhelms me. Hold me. Help me. Comfort me. And in faith, I long for the morning you will wipe my tears away, and give me joy. Amen.
 
 
ENCOURAGEMENT
 
Hold on through the night. The morning will be better. Trust him for that.

No comments: