Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Compassion

SCRIPTURE

Psalm 40:11,17
11 You, O LORD, will not withhold your compassion from me; your lovingkindness and your truth will continually preserve me.

17 Since I am afflicted and needy, let the Lord be mindful of me. You are my help and my deliverer; do not delay, O my God.
(NASB)


PRAYER

Lord, ______ is afflicted and needy. I ask that you would help him to know that’s ok. Some of his pain is due to things beyond his control, and some is because of his own sin. But regardless Lord, he needs compassion, both from your people and you. I ask that you would move in the hearts of those around him to show compassion. I pray that you would give them a deep awareness and understanding of his pain. Help them to look beyond the veneer of “togetherness” and see the true hurt. Help them to crawl out of their own world long enough to see the reality of his world, Lord. Bring them alongside ______ so that they feel the depth of his pain with him. Move them to show compassion for him, actively, purposefully, and often. And Lord, even in those seasons when your people fail him, hold him close to yourself, and make him know that you truly do understand everything, and that you feel his pain with him. May he know the sweetness of your compassion. Amen.


ENCOURAGEMENT

His compassion is real, powerful, and sweet. Own it. And remember, you are worthy of the compassion of his people. Their abandonment speaks more of their character than your worthiness. Forgive them, and lean on our Lord.

No comments: