Monday, November 19, 2007

God's Protection from Enemies


SCRIPTURE

Psalm 138:7-8
7 Though I am surrounded by troubles,
      you will protect me from the anger of my enemies.
   You reach out your hand,
      and the power of your right hand saves me.
 8 The LORD will work out his plans for my life-
      for your faithful love, O LORD, endures forever.
      Don't abandon me, for you made me.


PRAYER
[Pray this for yourself]

I am surrounded by troubles some days Lord. My enemies seem to sense when I am low, and under the pretense of seeking to understand, their anger lashes out with accusation. I feel unheard, misunderstood, and judged. They know well what to say, and how to strike. I sometimes feel in need of a Samaritan who will render emotional care and healing. Yet there is none, Lord, but you. Thank you that the power of your right hand reaches out and saves me. Thank you that you will work out your plans for my life with a faithful love. And most of all, thank you that you will never abandon me. I rest in your strong arms. Amen.


ENCOURAGEMENT

Hear well the promptings of our Lord, yet deafen your ear to the anger of your enemies. If they spoke the words of God, they would also emulate their Lord's faithful love. Though many may abandon you, our Lord will ever be with you.

No comments: